We collect the following personal data on this website
- Navigation data Your Internet connection's IP address
- Analytics We use Google Analytics to aggregate information anonymously on site visits. The site uses navigation data in services provided by NHS Choices and third parties. For more information see our cookies policy.
- Advertising Some health campaigns are supplied with advertising data.
- Personalisation Uses navigation data and personal information to enable us and third parties to tailor the services provided to you.
- Data sharing We will never share personal information with any third parties without your consent. Navigation data is shared with trusted third parties providing analytics or advertising.
- Data retention If you provide personal information to us via the website, for example to [link]send us feedback, this data will be retained for a year and then deleted. You can contact us at any time to ask for your data to be deleted
- Cookies To comply with GDPR data protection legislation we are required to tell you about the cookies used on this website.
Cookies are small files placed on your computer by websites you visit. You can read all about common things cookies are used for on the Your Online Choices website and the About Cookies website.
Your cookie choice
It is your choice whether or not you want websites to put cookies on your computer. You can manage your choices in your web browser on any device, and AboutCookies offers a guide to managing your cookies on all modern browsers.
If you decide at any time you don’t want cookies anymore, you can clear the cache in your web browser to delete any cookies that are there. You can then disable cookies and no more will be stored unless you decide to enable them again. We are currently working on a solution which will allow you to manage your cookie consent for this site more easily.
Our cookies do not provide us with any private or personally identifiable information about you. All data that is gathered is anonymous.
Other services that set cookies include:
- Google Analytics
- Google Gadgets
- Yahoo Apps
- Google Search Appliance
- Flash Movies (if they use Local Storage)
It’s important to remember that if you choose to disable all cookies all the time, some websites or website functions (particularly ones that require logins or passwords) may not work.