All Sussex and East Surrey Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) are part of the Disability Confident Scheme, we have now been awarded level II, and this is a commitment that we will;
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term
- health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
We currently assess ourselves around 2 themes:
- ‘Getting the right people for our business’
- ‘keeping and developing our people
As a Disability Confident Employer, Sussex and East Surrey CCGs will display the logo on all SES CCG vacancies and websites for 2 years, whilst working towards level III accreditation as a Disability Confident Leader.
The symbol demonstrates recognition given by the Department of Work and Pensions to organisations that are committed to good practice in employing people with disabilities; our details will also be added to the list of Disability Confident Employers published by the DWP.
There are 7.6m working age people who have a disability or long term health condition. Sussex and East Surrey CCGs are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident employer tapping into this talent pool.
Please visit the Disability Confident page on the DWP website for further information.