- Safeguarding adults and children
Safeguarding is central to the quality of care NHS Outcomes Framework 2016/17, particularly:
- Domain 4: Ensuring people have a positive experience of care.
- Domain 5: Treating and caring for people in a safe environment and protecting them from avoidable harm.
The safety and welfare of children and adults is of paramount importance to Horsham and Mid Sussex Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). We work closely with other CCGs within Sussex to ensure that all of the services we commission provide high quality, safe effective care.
The following measures ensure that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults is given priority and is discharged effectively across the whole local health community through commissioning arrangements:-
For more information go to the new Sussex-wide Child Protection and Safeguarding Procedures website:
- Executive level CCG membership of the West Sussex Safeguarding Adult Boards and Safeguarding Children Partnerships which ensure that safeguarding is at the forefront of service planning.
- Senior CCG membership of local Safeguarding Groups.
- Close collaboration with the Local Authority to assess and ensure the provision of co-ordinated integrated services to meet the needs of the local population, including specialist services for vulnerable groups.
- Ensuring that safeguarding children and adult strategies and associated policies are in place, including safe recruitment of staff, a whistle-blowing policy and safeguarding training and supervision policies.
- Ensuring that providers of services are held to account through regular review of safeguarding arrangements through quality scrutiny processes.
- Designated nurse and doctors in post to offer professional expertise and advice around safeguarding matters.
West Sussex Safeguarding Children's Partnership
West Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board
If you have a concern about a child:
If you have a concern about an adult:
To contact an Approved Mental Health Professional to consider an urgent Mental Health Act Assessment for all age groups - please ring 01903 843239
If you have concerns about a child call:
Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) – 01403 229900 or email: MASH@westsussex.gcsx.gov.uk
West Sussex Social Services out of hours urgent calls regarding Children or young people - please ring 0330 222 6664
If you have concerns about an adult:
Report adult safeguarding concerns to the West Sussex Carepoint
Call: 01243 642121 – 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and Out of Hours
If you still have concerns, discuss with one of the Safeguarding team listed below:
Call: 07787 763947
Call: 07808 847331
- Designated Nurse for Safeguarding Children:
Call: 07769 282857
Call: 07796 940091
- Designated Nurse for Safeguarding Children
- Designated Nurse for Looked After Children
Call: 01273 238708/07770 381421
Call: 01273 238877/07747 036592