Working together to deliver the best possible healthcare for our communities
We are committed to making sure that local health services meet the needs of our patients and local community.
In doing this, we are responsible for ensuring the services that our patients access are high quality, safe and value for money for the taxpayer by making the best use of our resources.
- We want to make sure you are seen by the right clinician, in the most appropriate place first time. This means bringing the local health organisations closer together and supporting them to work better in partnership.
- We want to make sure that you can receive high quality care in the community and are not admitted to hospital when you don’t need to be there. This also means that the right packages of care are available so that people can be discharged from hospital as soon as they are clinically able, and not stay longer than is necessary in hospital.
- We want to make sure that people can receive proactive care, not just reactive after they become ill. The number of people with complex, long term conditions is increasing. We want to ensure that the right help and support is available for our patients so they can help to manage their own condition, receive the best possible, joined-up health and social care, and can be supported to live independently for as long as they are able.
- We want to ensure that people in Horsham and Mid Sussex can receive advice and support to live a healthy lifestyle. For those who need it, the help needs to work with them to make changes to improve their lifestyle and support them with those changes.
- We want to support our providers to continue to improve services and make sure our patients are receiving the best possible care. We have highly skilled and dedicated NHS professionals working in and around Horsham and Mid Sussex. We need to work with all of our care providers to encourage and support their staff so that together we can continually improve what is available for local people.
There are six values in the NHS Constitution, and by living these values we can ensure the best possible care for patients:
- Working together for patients.
- Respect and dignity.
- Commitment to quality of care.
- Improving lives.
- Everyone counts.
- Transformation and integration
- Be an effective organisation
- High quality and sustainable care
- Sustainable finances
- Care designed to meet the needs of the population