The NHS Long Term Plan sets out the priorities and ambitions for the years ahead to make sure the NHS continues to provide high quality care across the country:
Local organisations have been asked to work together as part of health and care systems to develop their own plans by autumn 2019 which will set out how the national long-term plan will work across local areas.
We want the local plans to be co-produced as much as possible with as many different people as possible to make sure they truly reflect the needs of our population.
To do this, during 2019 we will be going out to speak and listen to people across the local area and encouraging many others to give their feedback.
Improve lives, extend lives and save lives - the local response to NHS Long Term Plan
The plans have been developed across health and care partners and with the involvement and input of partners, clinicians, specialists, health and care professionals, staff, patients, their families and the public. They were available for public comment 8 November.
West Sussex- place based response to Long Term Plan
West Sussex- place based response to Long Term Plan- Easy Read
Our discussions will be focused on the FUTURE of health and care:
- Facing up to our challenges
- Understanding Need
- Transforming services
- Unwarranted variation – ensuring this does not happen
- Resources and how we use them most effectively
- Equity of access and care for our diverse population
We have a number of opportunities to join our discussions in person, and we will also be producing an online survey, in order to hear from as many people as we can. You can read more about Our Health and Care Our FUTURE here >>
Join an event near you
To book a place at any of our discussions, please follow the links below:
- 5 February: Clair Hall, Haywards Health, 2-4 pm
- 6 February: Brighthelm Church and Community Centre, Brighton, 9.30–11.30 am
- 13 February: Uckfield Civic Centre, 9.30–11.30 am
- 14 February: Baptist Church, Reigate 2-4 pm
- 20 February: Charis Centre, Crawley 10–12 pm
- 13 March: Manor Barn, Bexhill 2-4 pm
- 15 March: Hailsham Civic Centre, Hailsham 10-12 pm
- 19 March: The Barn, Worthing 5-7 pm
- 20 March: Assembly Room, Chichester, 10-12 pm
- 27 March: The Grange, Midhurst, 2-4pm
To find out more, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org