Commissioning Patient Reference Group (CPRG)
The CCG's Commissioning Patient Reference Group is a forum at which patient representatives from GP Practices, Healthwatch, voluntary networks and other groups from across Horsham and Mid Sussex meet together bimonthly to discuss local health services and the CCG’s work. The group is hosted jointly with NHS Crawley CCG
The CPRG members monitor and provide feedback on the CCG's engagement plans and activities to assure the CCG Governing Body that engagement with the public and patients is taking part and an integral part of our work in commissioning NHS care and services.
- members play an important role in helping the CCG to ensure it is capturing and making use of the views, insights and experiences of patient population and carers
- actively promote public awareness of health and social care issues
- support the CCG at public engagement events or consultations when required.
- actively promote membership of their Patient Reference Group (PRG) and/or Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Terms of reference for the Commissioning Patient Reference Group can be found here.
What has CPRG achieved since April 2019?
- The Communications and Engagement Strategy for the Integrated Primary Urgent Care Project was developed by CPRG Members and the CCGs Urgent Care Team - information on the work can be found here.
- Communications and Engagement Strategy for Community Dietetics was updated to include engagement with people with autism.
- A campaign was launched on over the counter medicines for the summer and refreshed for winter.
- Guidance was developed on the General Data Protection Regulation for PPGs and GP Practices - can be found here.
- Reports for the Governing Body on Patient and Public Engagement were amended
- Proposed the creation of a video to show the impact of the Big Health and Care Conversation.
- A one-pager on Primary Care Networks was produced for PPGs - it can be found here.
Meeting dates and papers
Date of the next meeting:
- 25 February, 6 – 8.30 pm at Charis Centre, Crawley
You can download meeting papers using the table below. Select a date or enter your search information to get started.
A helpful glossary of terms is attached to assist in attending the CPRG Meetings - it can be found here.
GP Practice Patient Groups
Most GP practices in our area have either a Patient Participation Group (PPG) or a Patient Reference Group (PRG), which you can join to have your say on services at your local GP practice and across Horsham and Mid Sussex.
Generally made up of a group of volunteer patients, the practice manager and one or more of the GPs from the practice, PPGs meet on a regular basis to discuss the services on offer, and how improvements can be made for the benefit of patients and the practice.
If you want to know more about your local practice PPG and how you can join, please view details and joining instructions on your GP Practice's individual website.
There are a suite of free resources and tools to support PPGs available online, including a template terms of reference, guidance for starting a patient group, patient participation group checklist and roles and responsibilities
Please click here do download a flyer for more information on your local PPG and how to sign up to our Health Network – where you can get a better understanding of how to shape local health services for our communities.
Some PPGs also publish regular newsletters to keep in touch with local patients, you can read a selection of these below: